Jam session pt. 3


David and I got done another four songs and are getting close to the hour mark for our setlist. We got band stickers made this week by the dude who did all the decals for my car and such. 

https://ebay.io/m/djAqxW


We worked on some MWs tracks off Slime and Punishment and Art of Partying. 

I worked my way up from 25% speed , to 50%, 75%, stagnated at 83%, and finally got up to 100%, which I’m pretty happy about. It did take practicing on lunch break every day though. Definitely didn’t realize how weak my pinky finger was, but most of MW’s songs are spanned over 4 frets on the bass so had to bite the bullet and get the job done. 

I wouldn’t call it an attractive genre to play, but I don’t think that was ever the intention (so we’re good). And singing and playing at the same time has taken me more time then. I print out the lyrics and practice if in in traffic, etc. Sadistic magician has been the most challenging for me (just singing in itself is kinda hard). 

The resemblance is striking. 



Wine break after 

David also got me a practice guitar neck for work, so I put some picks on my keychain to practice when I’m not home. 

My bass had its first maiden voyage to NC in the safest way possible (strapped to the top of the car during a lightening storm), so I could practice down there. Gave me some Mitt Romney vibes. 

David hooked up the mic to the droptune pedal to see if it would make my voice deeper, and ended up having way too much fun with it. Gave me Silence of the Lambs vibes, personally. 

​Pearl has ear protection now so hopefully she won’t be super deaf down the line. We plan on bringing her to our first concert (shooting for November). Unfortunately, Minnie and Ellie both have kleptomania so they kept trying to steal them off Pearls head. 

We did a test run with holding pearl back from a mosh pit. The results were inconclusive at best.

Since the back room has all the equipment, it gets pretty hot back there playing. We invested in a box fan since we don’t want the house to smell like a Weedeater concert. 

Bandit’s trying to be more active in the band and usually comes in for our The Sword setlist and offers vocals. Ellie (aka donkey ass) comes in sometimes, but not often.  


Pearls 9$ root beer bag is getting desperately low so it will need be restocked sometime soon. But hey, 9$ for 4 months for a paid groupie is not that bad. “You better have my root beer when I come to collect.” 

David tried substituting some Goyslop gummies from 711 to pay Pearl and she wasn't having any of it.

The evolution of Pearl during practice: 

SLUDGE

Doom/ stoner 

Thrash

Listening to David and I fight what lyrics Mike from EHG is saying because there’s no way of actually knowing 



David’s become a tad obsessed with my guitar “Gibby” because he wants to install better pickups/ new knobs/ etc and the process of doing it. 

“Stop looking at Gibby like that. You’re not shoving anything up his butt or taking off his head, so leave him alone!” 

On a closing note here, Minnie listened to Deafheaven for the first time (much to Dad and David’s disgust). At least now, I have someone who'll listen to them with me. Dad always said music was subjective, "but deafheaven is just objectively bad." John and David hated them too lol.


Comments

  1. I like Deafheaven.... but I'm also kinda basic sometimes haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Neurosis band merch

Jam sessions pt 2

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Deadend Shrednecks Intro