Thrash: Municipal Waste & Iron Reagan

No surprise here, John introduced David and I to thrash metal. When I think of thrash, I think of iron Reagan and municipal waste. It’s also cool they’re both from Richmond. 

In a thrash band, no one gets a break. When David and I practice thrash songs, I either call him Mein Fuhrer or Herb Brooks in the famous “AGAIN” scene of Miracle (based on the true story of the 1980 hockey Olympics) because he’s either telling me “AGAIN! Or I need to alternate pick FASTER!”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1uBZ76jH4xk

This picture below was taken by David at the Gwarbbq in Richmond in 2014 (Gwar, Iron Reagan, Misfits, etc). I remember it was one of the only pics on David slide out phone. I always loved this picture John with Ryan from Iron Reagan.

 There were 3 of these tshirts- one for David, John, and Dr Charles but he didn’t want it so it was given to me. 

John had this shirt design but he had a conspiracy about Nan throwing it out due to having the word asshole on it. It turned to not be a conspiracy though because it was never found again. 


Iron Reagan tshirts in the wild: 


Iron Reagan “Worse than Dead” in white vinyl (I got it off eBay for him in 2018). I remember it was one of the first ten records John had in his collection. We were sitting in his room together on the floor and I surprised him with it. It was one of those nice eBay surprises- where the person either didn’t know it was autographed or didn’t care/ just needed crack money. 

He was like “yooooo you got me a signed poster??!” 

“I did?… I mean yeah dude, you’re welcome! ” 

Spoiled Identity EP (2014) in greenish brown. I got it for John and David at “Vinyl conflict” in Richmond in November 2018. The dude behind the counter was like, “are you sure you want this?” And I said, “would someone get mugged walking around Norfolk with a genuine 2005 lateralus vinyl pressing duct taped to their back?” And he rang it up. 

David’s guitar with an Iron Reagan sticker on the back 

My bumper sticker 


My favorite MW album is Art of Partying- I have a bad habit of listening to CDs on repeat and still don’t really get tired of listening to it. Favorite tracks- #2,5,8 (lol), and 10. David’s favorites are 2,5,7,8, and 10. 

I have a lot of fond memories listening to this album with John playing monopoly buzzed. 

Slime and punishment is good too- favorite tracks 4,5,7,8. “I paid my debt to societyyyy…You have the right to eat this knuckle sandwich!!!” 

John’s Municipal Waste Donald Trump shirt (2016 I think ?)

Green patch on Johns battlevest 

My tshirt

David’s tshirt I got him (“I DARE you to wear this to go get a slurpee from 711…”)



My “Art of Partying” (2007) cd


Slime and punishment (2017) - these are actually a little harder/ more $ to find now 

This pic is cool because they’re at The Answer Brewpub in Richmond (our favorite brewery). David pointed that out to me (you can see it on their beer glasses). 

A couple of years ago, I gave my brother this old Russian fish decanter set and it didn’t get here in time for Christmas. So, I pulled a dad move and just printed the screenshot and gave it to him, not realizing my bookmarks bar showed up. My brother was like, “yo the best part of the present is seeing your bookmarks…”


I had a bunch of merch saved to get for John, but didn’t get to in time. 

This was a screenshot off my phone from 2018 ? I just randomly texted John this but the picture didn’t load so he just got a random text message from me with no context. He texted me back “why did you call me a shitfucker?”  I was like dude we gotta go to this show… 

To wrap up here, I’d like to share a piece of thrash metal farming advice that is basically free to utilize. When our chickens are slacking and are immune to the pep talks we give them ie (“pay the least or hit the grease”) etc, I like to throw the speaker in their coop and play either Municipal Waste or Iron Reagan. They look confused at first, but soon start their own mash pit and the eggs come blasting out at 220bpm. Look how eagerly they run towards the music… 



You will see the irrefutable science behind thrash metal farming below… 


Before thrash 



During 


After 



I will post a video also. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Neurosis band merch

Jam sessions pt 2

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Deadend Shrednecks Intro