Sigur Ros
Sigur Ros is an Icelandic postrock band started in 1994.
They’re considered one of the founding bands of this genre of music and are predominately known for Jonsi’s falsetto vocals, use of a bow on guitars, and using a non-sensical language for their lyrics.
https://sigurros.bandcamp.com/
Dad introduced them to me when I was 8 years old- we listened to ( ) —their “brackets” album 2002.
I remember sneaking computer time on the family Dell to watch their music videos on YouTube (like olsen olsen, svefn-g-englar, glosoli, and saeglopur).
My favorite albums of theirs are in this order- (), Takk, AB, kveikur (the concert we attended), valtari, ba-ba-tiki-dido, hvarf, med sud.
CDs

My first CD ( ) given to me by Dad when I was 8/9 yrs old?
It’s seen better days. I played it so often in my Barbie CD player, that I burnt it out and Dad made me a mixtape version. When I was a kid and in my ballet phase, I did my recital to #4 on this album.

If I had to describe postrock in one song- it would be Popplagio (#8). To me, it is simply unbeatable and still gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it. It’s an emotional ride and always has been. Seeing it performed live was definitely an out-of-body experience…

Favorite tracks in order #8,4,3,1,6, 2 in that order (this hasn’t changed in 20 years).



Takk Cd 2007



Dads Takk shirt 2024 with Beat in Richmond (King Crimson tribute) w/ Steve vai, Adrian belew, Danny Carey (tool), and Tony Levin).

Takk trifold cd



Agaetis byrjun Vinyl box set with book
There are 3 records in each jacket x 3. I’ve included some pictures from the inside of their book









( ) brackets triple vinyl box set (signed) from dad





We saw them live, along with my friends (George & Jay). I considered them very dear friends and have good memories of listening to Tool, Explosions in the sky, Ratatat, and killswitch engage with them.
I remember Jay crying during the concert. George drove Dad and I because I didn’t have my license yet.
1:12am September 29, 2013 at the ODU Constance Center in NFK

Ticket stub

Setlist

Shirt from the show


2014

Other Apparel/ merch
Gray Agaetis byrjun tee

Navy/red rice boy sleeps tee


(“Totally not bootlegged” gray takk hoodie from Dad prior to 2013 custom ink 😬)


Retired white valtari tshirt (from Dad ?2012) and black Agaetis byrjun tee (from David 2016)

Sigur Ros Kveikur Icelandic wool blanket - black/gray (from Dad Xmas ‘18)

White () journal

2 black/ purple hardback journals from Dad 2017 (1 for memories of granddad and the other for John’s book/ misc dreams)



Piano covers I did by ear. I was pretty proud of doing them- but they were also done 15 years ago (before AI could shoot out the tabs to any song). I still use my coffee-stained notes.
I never wrote down Babatikidido but I played it with my hands and feet (keyboard I had under the piano). I looked insane, yes.










Postrock stamp poster from Dad prior to 2018. Don’t know how Radiohead got on there, other than the fact they did that split with Sigur Ros. Sigur Ros is #99

My room (2014) with Sigur ros paintings





Postrock memes collected over the years, etc








Comments
Post a Comment