Art portfolio pt 2
This is the second part of my art portfolio.
Graveface Jim Jones art contest
Mural in our house/ music room (there is no greater feeling than depreciating your homes value). I hoped to put some light-up stars or something in it.

Gibson SG Guitar covered in The Veil beer labels (2020)





I got the guitar body for my birthday in 2020 from David along with the biggest box of diabetes I’ve ever seen. Used some neon chartreuse paint given to me from loyal.


Some crazy old guy who looked like Alex grey from CA bought it. I always kind of wondered where it ended up and if it’s covered in hepatitis.
Fender guitar body (my other brother made it) I gave to dad for Xmas (2016). It is a postrock/postmetal/and shoegaze puzzle. The pictures drawn are specific songs and he had to guess what they were. Such as Evpatoria Report’s Tajiin kyofusho (tribute to those who perished in the Columbia Houston spacecraft); Deadflag blues by gy!be; Explosions in the sky’s (postcard from 1952), have a nice life, ASMZ, your ten Mofo, the Appleseed cast, etc.







Beer label collages (2020-2023)























Beers we had with Aaron and John^

Burley Oak Brewing Co beer label resin table for my brother Loyal Xmas 2023. First time using resin and it was winter, so I had to use a space heater for it to cure. Glued the labels together so double sided, in case someone ever looked underneath. Took about 2 weeks due to all the sanding. It turned out alright. John helped us out with some of those labels if you know what I mean. Many sentence-enhancers were used in the making of this.



My Interesting attempt of woodcarving (basswood) of a rainbow trout + net with a joe’s fly




Rush collage for uncle Jeff Xmas 2018
Made with assorted beat up rush records and ink drawing of everyone


“YES” vinyl record collage I made while listening to music with John 2018. The records were so scratched up and the jackets were beat up, so I thought this would be a good way to keep ‘em going.
Got the records while visiting Aaron up in Lynchburg that November and went to hopocaplyse brewing company



Finished below

“Yes” collage #2 (2020) for Uncle Mike


Collages/shadow boxes for memorial for Granddad given to Dad, loyal, and Donny



Embroidered linen towels of blue ridge mountains for Aaron’s wife, Rebecca and the cat was for my cousin.


Ballpoint pen misc.






Quill pen + amber ink from inkwell



Rollerball randomness














ABR painting for someone


Pencil sketches
GIA album cover






Charcoal (such a mess to do)

1984 drawings / paintings



Watercolor copy of postrock band- Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson

Cartoons / alcohol ink

Random-


Wooden signs on white oak from trees we “borrowed”. David taught me how to jump chain link fences so we could the logs we bow-sawed in the middle of night chuck over. Used our chainsaw mill to make the slabs and I handpainted/ stenciled them. (2024-2025)






Wool felted animals / mini coops etc
David made the coop, I felted the animals. I really love owls so I did a series of 4 but couldn’t get the faces right so left them blank 😬 I also stabbed myself more times with the needle to than I’d like to admit








Rabbit fur mittens with wax thread and sealed with sno seal, for my brother Donny and David. 2025 Xmas. Dude they heat up your hands FAST.




Buckskin/ hand beaded ornament for my friend Kim 2025

Basket weaving with wild wisteria vines (they’re invasive) but you can use honeysuckle or grapevines.
I used grapevines and evergreen / magnolia leaves for John’s wreath.
Boiled them to remove bark and can steep in elderberries to dye them. They have to be steamy to make them pliable, so I’ll run the shower with the basket in there, much to David’s confusion.
Basket making is the most hippie thing I’ve ever done. My reasoning was that it was another survival skill under the belt and I could make fish traps (David and I have survival nights sometimes and yeah well we’re still alive so).

It took me 2 hrs to notice you’re supposed to start with an odd number of spokes to actually weave correctly.
through history, baskets have retained their value. They remain one of the most versatile things you can make and cost a buttload, even government ones off Amazon.
Perhaps one day I’ll be able to do the Native American pine needle weaving.










Bandits paintings


Agatha Christie mystery collage ornaments
“seven dials mystery” with mini books and clues - for Rebecca /Aaron

“Murder for Christmas” for Mamaw and Charles

I’m working on the band logos now, anything else I’ll shove onto the end of this post


Comments
Post a Comment