Junius | Caspian | Rosetta band merch
Caspian, Junius, and Rosetta were some of the bands on my green iPod i got on my 12/13th birthday. I had all the lyrics for Junius and Rosetta’s albums memorized.
For my 15th birthday, Dad gave me tickets for my first concert ever- Caspian & Junius at the Local 506 in Raleigh, NC. It was a great concert.




Phil and Aaron (Caspian) were especially nice and I got Phil’s autograph (I still have it, will try to upload a picture of it). I was trying to hide my braces and the X’s on my hands for being a kid. This was when Dad gave me the life lesson that you don’t ever wear the band tshirt of the band you’re going to see- “you’ll look like a fan girl.” “is that a bad thing?” “The key is to be one without looking like it” lol
https://www.concertarchives.org/concerts/caspian-junius-21ed5372-9fb7-492a-a019-cebd4e40463f
David, Dad, and I also saw Caspian with The Appleseed Cast at Kings Barcade in Raleigh (October 2016).
Dad got me this 2013 black Caspain zip up hoodie. Here’s some pics from the show. I did a painting for dad one year for his birthday:




David got me this black “preacher” sweatshirt at that 2016 show

Dad got me the zip up caspian hoodie at the 2013 show:

Waking season tan tshirt

Caspian CDs


All of their albums are solid postrock albums; however, Tertia still remains the album of theirs I can listen to on repeat.
Caspian misc


—————————————-
Junius is a darkened shoegaze/ postmetal band also from Boston. I saw them at the Caspian concert in 2013, per above.
My favorite albums are in this order:
“Reports from the Threshold of Death” - all the songs on here are bangers, but betray the grave was always their “radio hit”, if you will, to their fans.
https://junius.bandcamp.com/album/reports-from-the-threshold-of-death
“The Martyrdom of a Catastrophist,”
https://junius.bandcamp.com/album/the-martyrdom-of-a-catastrophist-remastered
Their split with Rosetta. Not sure why TMA-1 isn’t on their band camp album but it’s a good song. It is on Spotify though

https://junius.bandcamp.com/album/split-w-rosetta
Later albums (alright), I always just kinda stuck with their older stuff.
“Days of the Fallen Sun” and “ Eternal Rituals for the Accretion of Light” are good too.
https://junius.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-rituals-for-the-accretion-of-light
Junius band sticker & patches

Junius band posters and art in college dorm 2017
Our living room currently:
Red and green hand numbered Junius prints from 2010s?


2017 college


Junius shirts in the wild:
2015

2016 at college

2014

When a band tshirt gets retired, I cut the art off. I made Dad a flag with the postrock/ postmetal bands (except the Coldplay ones obviously). The two in red are the Junius ones.

——————-
Rosetta is a postmetal band from PA. I started listening to them around 12 years old because Dad put them on my iPod.
David, Dad, and I went to see Rosetta in 2018 at Strangematter in Richmond. Mike Armine is actually from Zuni, VA and was super nice to us after the concert. His dog had recently passed away and he took it very hard. I remember telling him I was sorry about it and he was so appreciative.


Rip ticketfly and tickets under 20$. We are already able to tell kids “back in my day venue fees were under 10$ and you could get your eardrums blown out for under $15.”

“A Determinism of Morality” (2010) is still my favorite album by them- every song is a banger. Notable mentions to #2, 3, 4, and 7. You have to give it a listen. You won’t be disappointed. The album cover used to be my screensaver for the longest time.

https://rosetta.bandcamp.com/album/a-determinism-of-morality
Dads poster in the background

“Wake/ Lift” (2007) is a solid album, with track 1 still being my favorite. You will see why. Very “Isis-y”. I remember trying to do a piano cover of it and had an extra keyboard I played with my feet to get the full effect. It might’ve looked insane, but it was fun learning it. And yeah, that was before AI transcription and YouTube really took off.
https://rosetta.bandcamp.com/album/wake-lift
I’m running out of caffeine here and you are probably bored by this point, so here are the links for their other stuff. I also recommend their albums Galilean Satellites, Flies to Flame, their split with east of the wall, etc.
https://open.spotify.com/artist/0HJQZHbKgYyWCDc8uVko6S?si=TIwyQ3dMR1uac-SJgdF19g
(2) Rosetta black/ blue woman’s face tshirt

Rosetta tshirt “Galilean satellites”


Rosetta 2018 elephant tour tshirt

Rosetta 2018 grey “bees” tshirt

Rosetta “moon man” hoodie I got dad for Christmas 2018


David’s Rosetta tour shirt



The two Rosetta shirts here retired:

Rosetta released a cider back in 2019, but I never got to try it. Kind of a bummer. The can art was based on their album “a determinism of morality”

Comments
Post a Comment