Lamb of God
Lamb of God is a heavy metal band started in 1994 under the original name of “Burn the Priest.” They’re from Richmond, VA. Well, Randy is actually from Franklin, VA (crazy), but the band practiced in Richmond due to attending VCU.
I didn’t grow up listening to them as much, despite them being considered one of the big 4 of 2000s metal. I more so listened to A7x and SOAD; but, I started listening to lamb of god after meeting John and David.
John and David went to one of their concerts in 2013 at the Norva (NFK).

Here are John’s Lamb of God CDs:




I think John’s jewel cases showed more abuse than mine, but hey… if you ever were a passenger in his car with him, you’d know why lol.
John gave David and I these lamb of god shirts a long time ago. Every October, we go down to NC and take out the Parker for our fishing trip. I always pack these lamb of God tshirts and you will soon see why. I’m not usually superstitious (I left that to John and David), but dang—if I don’t wear it, I don’t catch much of anything. I think it’s past a coincidence at this point. The armpits are pretty much nonexistent at this point, but as long as we don’t go to an evangelical church wearing these or high five too much, we should get a few more years out of these babies.



Fishing trips 2019-present











The shirt still worked for the radioactive blue catfish in the pagan river.

Below: The one year I didn’t wear the hole-y lamb of god tshirts out fishing. And my brother took this picture right before the undersized blue slapped me in the back of the head on the way back in to the ocean. I’ll never not wear the tshirts again…

Lamb of God fishing pic of John (courtesy of his friend for sending us the pics from his FB)

Oh yeah.. and someone actually got something published in the Virginia pilot complaining about one their concerts lol. Maybe one day we can look back on this as when free speech was still a thing hahaha. 
Really nice, thanks so much for sharing. I don't have the ear for much grindcore, but I listened the living daylights out of of Lamb of God. Grateful John shared his music interests. Still rocking out to them every so often.
ReplyDelete-Aaron