The Mylene Sheath record label

The Mylene Sheath was a postrock record label that was started in 2007 by a husband/ wife duo. They signed alot of great bands like Caspian, Junius, Gifts from Enola, Giants, Jakob, If these trees could talk, Pelican- to name a few of my favorites… I’ve got band merch of those bands and I’ll list them in separate blog posts. 

I’d wager about 40% of all the bands I listened to in my early teenage years were pressed through The Mylene Sheath. Dad gave me a tshirt I think every year and I never get tired of em! They’ve held up really well over the years and are quite comfortable. 


​I used to work at Anna’s pizza and showed up to work in the red variation of their tshirt with a black skirt and tights on. We were told to wear “Italian colors” so I thought the outfit was dope. 


Unfortunately, the boss and his wife came out cursing me out. I got sent home to change and was told that “it wasn’t appropriate.” I pointed at my coworker who showed up in a halter and mini skirt and they said “yeah well, she’s fine- you’re not making us extra money though” LOL. So I went home and changed. Never forgot that though haha.

Here are a few pics of the shirts in their natural habitat. This was the day after the Meshuggah concert in 2017. I chopped my hair off and dyed it pink. John tried for a solid 30 minutes to convince me to shave one side of my head (to no avail). 

The

My Dad sporting a black Mylene sheath tshirt. 



It’s sad the label eventually went MIA and then defunct. However, they were a game-changer especially in postrock, postmetal, and shoegaze— helping a lot of great bands that we know now to get started. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Neurosis band merch

Jam sessions pt 2

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Deadend Shrednecks Intro