Deadhorse | Shy, Low | Giants
Deadhorse is a postrock band from PA. They were one of the bands Dad put on my iPod when I turned 12. “We can create our own world” was one of my favorites. I used to draw the album art all the time when I was bored.


Deadhorse “Decay” band patch
Other Deadhorse patch

Deadhorse brown tshirt “leaders of the free world have turned us into moving targets”


I’ve had this shirt for at least 12 years. It’s held up really well and I still regularly wear it. I wore it a lot when hanging out with John and he liked it a lot.

_______________
Shy, low is a postrock/postmetal band from Richmond, VA. I started listening to them in 2015.
I have their album Hiraeth on CD, as well as their tshirt.



I do keep my cds in a 90s cd binder in my car (John had one also) and keep the jewel cases safe inside. yes there’s husky fur on them.
_____________
Giants is a postrock/ math rock band from IA. My favorite album was Old Stories and I would listen to it while falling asleep as a kid.

Giants blue “Old Stories” tshirt (think 2014?) One a band tee gets retired, I just cut the design off and save it. I was a dumbass and cropped this shirt, as well as the shoulders for ?? reasons.



I did a piano cover by ear of their split with Beware of Safety and think I have the chords somewhere, so I’ll upload the cover if I can recreate it.

While in college (2016), dad mailed me a surprise package with a Giants Home Alone “Merry Christmas, you filthy animal” grey tshirt with a note that said “surprise, collectors item in the postrock community, they might run you over for this shirt- wear at your own risk!!”
I think it’s pretty rare. He has a matching one. I still have mine too.



Most band merch in my personal collection is either a CD or some article of clothing, due to my love of collecting both. John quickly surpassed me in vinyl once he got started in 2018.
Comments
Post a Comment