Agoraphobic Nosebleed

Agoraphobic nosebleed is a grindcore band from MA that was started in 1994. Scott Hull (pig destroyer and AxCx) is actually from Lynchburg, VA. Their singer Kat left in 2018. Jay used to be a part of one of my favorite postmetal bands Isis. 

I didn’t know that they didn’t actually have a drummer lol. I’ve heard* their live performances leave something to be desired, but who cares… Their music is still dope (stuffed in a frozen corpse though). 

The CDs that started it all for me. First time I heard them, it was because John made me a grind mix in 2014 right after meeting him. Trauma queen was the first song on the cd. I always really treasured it, but now even moreso. It was the first mix someone made me and I had no shame blasting it in the ‘97 Honda odyssey with my tool stickers slapped on the back. 


John’s Agorapocalypse cd below. Still has his fingerprints on it too..I can’t really look at it anymore so I’m going to keep this part short. It was always in his Acura and we’d listen to it going to Bjs (trying to pass off with his grandads ID card) in the pursuit of hotfries, corn nuts, and Stella Artois. I can still see us all riding with the windows down weaving in and around Chesapeake square mall listening to it and him repeating trauma queen several times…  

It is my favorite full length album by them. Favorite tracks- 0, 1, 2, 3, 6, and 9. 

This is my grey Gnaw tshirt, which I think is a bootleg. I got it in 2019. 

I admit to listening to this EP on repeat ALOT. That bass riff in Deathbed is killer and it was the first thing I learned on bass.. I’m currently working on Gnaw, which I’d dub as my favorite (Not a daughter is a little hard but I’m working on it too). John and I really wanted it on vinyl so I’m going to order  it for his collection. I have this cd. 


I remember John having either a tshirt / hoodie (or both) that looked like this but we didn’t find them after he passed. I know he had it though because he let me wear it one time. 

John’s vinyl below: 

Altered states of America in powder pink (2003)


Frozen corpse stuffed with dope in black (2002)

“And on and on” split with despise you 



Vinyl decal on my car from Redbubble


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Neurosis band merch

Jam sessions pt 2

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Deadend Shrednecks Intro